http://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/837/results#.VfKvgdqiq08.facebook
I am a little nervous because this is the only one I can find close enough to a year from the start of my journey and it is the intermediate course. However, with that being said.... I fully plan to complete it even if I have to drag my ass over the finish line.
Now... How does one prepare for a spartan race? Good question. I have no earthly idea but I plan on knowing soon. I have done research and watched videos of runs and it seems that the obstacles rely on lots of running and upper body strength. So I have come up with the following checklist for myself in order to keep myself on track and to be able to see the progress that I have been making.
Weight
- Get below 300lbs
- Get below 275lbs
- Get below 250lbs
- Reach goal weight of about 225lbs
Exercise
Walk for 3 miles(Completed 9/12/2015)- Walk for 4 miles
- Walk for 5 miles
- Run for 1 mile
- Run for 2 miles
- Run for 3 miles
- Run for 4 miles
- Run for 5 miles
- Do 15 assisted push ups
- Do 20 assisted push ups
- Do 5 regular push ups
- Do 10 regular push ups
- Do 15 regular push ups
- Do 20 regular push ups
- Do a single pull up
- Do 5 pull ups
- Do 10 pull ups
- Do 15 pull ups
- Do 20 pull ups
- Be able to climb a rope
Food
- Eliminate fast food completely (With the exception of healthy fast food I.E. Neo Burrito and Subway)
- Eliminate excessive intake of diet sodas (one per week)
- Drink water constantly
- Eliminate meat from your diet slowly (To my readers this is not a necessary fitness step but it is a step that I have been wanting to make for a very long time.)
- Always make the healthy choice even on cheat days (Within reason)
Emotionally
- Let people help you that are willing to put in the time and effort
- DO NOT let people get you down
- Think positive from here on out!
- Remove "quit" and "can't" from your vocabulary
If I can get through these things I feel that I will be ready once August rolls back around...
I can do this.
I know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment